The Importance of Fire Extinguisher Cabinets
Having a fully functioning fire extinguisher is great, but if you don’t have anywhere safe to store it, then you may come across a few issues.
Yes, you could just attach it to the wall, but if the extinguisher incurs damage (unbeknown to you), then this could pose a larger, more threatening problem, should the time come that you need to use it.
The answer to these problems is quite simply; fire extinguisher cabinets. Easily purchased from any reputable fire safety company.
So, why should you choose a fire extinguisher cabinet?
- Protect extinguishers from accidental damage.
- Discourage people from misusing them.
- Still very easily accessible and easy to identify.
- Ideal for industrial areas, as fire extinguishers are more likely to get damaged from everyday bumps and accidents.
- Some cabinets have the option to be locked shut to prevent theft.
- Fitted with alarms for extra security.
- The cabinet protects against dirt, dust and the elements if outdoors (waterproof).
- There are restraining straps wrapped around the extinguisher, to keep it in place and secure whilst inside the cabinet.
- The cabinets all have viewing panels so extinguishers can be easily located. However a fire extinguisher sign should always still be attached alongside the cabinet as additional confirmation for the user.
- Contain any size or type of fire extinguisher.
- Can be mounted to any floor or wall, indoors or outdoors.
How do I know if I need one?
As a legal necessity for any business premises or commercial property, fire extinguishers are not optional but how you choose to display them is. So it’s always important to consider all of the above options when making your decision.
Here at Cheshire Fire, we believe outdoor fire protection is such an unrecognised and underestimated risk that we have designed and manufactured our own fire-point cabinet complete with an integral alarm unit and fire safety signage.
The Sentinel E100 is available now for caravan parks, holiday sites, residential parks, marinas- in fact, anywhere where there is a risk of fire outdoors. Our engineers carry all spares for these cabinets plus many more- such as Hentland or Jonesco- on board their service vehicles.
If you are in the middle of renovating or building new offices, we can also incorporate built-in cabinets as part of the construction of the building, so the units don’t have to protrude from the walls as an afterthought.
For more information about our fire extinguisher cabinets or any of our other fire safety services, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly and helpful team today.